[Evolution] Mail List Sorting Issue

Hi,

To find a certain mail in my mailbox or archive, for which I know the sender but not a keyword from subject line, I sometimes
1)click the TO column header,
2) click any message and press the first letter of the surname of the sender
3) this jumps me to the first message related to this person
So far so good, Outlook-like experience. Now the confusion starts.
My mailbox is normally sorted by date, recent first. When I click "TO" column to sort by surname, it sorts by surname but looses the 2nd level sort by date.

I expect the sorting to be 1st based on surname then 2nd within the same surname to be sorted by date. In my Evolution 3.11.90 compiled with jhbuild (webkit-composer master branch, rebased 13 days ago), 2nd level sorting by date is not working. MEssages are shown in mixed order.

This makes my life very difficult, since I can approximately remember when a message was sent, but then I have to make a linear search with my eyes to find the right one, impossible when you have 10s of messages from same person.

Is this a bug? Shall I file a report?

--
Emre