[Evolution] Mageia KDE and Evolution

Hi all,

I have settled on a distro and DE that suit my needs: Mageia + KDE. Unfortunately I have not been able to get Evolution to run in that environent. The program hangs when trying to send-receive.

After reading a lot and trying a number of tricks related to the usual suspect -- running gnome keyring under KDE, I STILL have a program that hangs (and can only be killed with a restart). However, adding insult to injury, when I posted a message at the Mageia forums, one of the "Mageia helpers" in the forum stated that he loaded Evolution and it ran without problems. This suggests that perhaps a fresh install would be in order.

Unfortnately I suspect that the basic uninstall of Evolution leaves some files here and there. For example, any data I have moved from my netbook magically appear after reinstall. So I am open to suggestions for how to do a truly thorough uninstall before resorting to the more radical approach of reinstalling the OS.

Background: I first installed Evolution (3.8.? - ??) on a 64-bit version of Mageia 3 and have since updated to Mageia 4 with Evolution 3.10.2.

(Footnote: I DO have Evolution 3.2.3 running on Linux Mint 13 MATE on a netbook -- apparently the latest version in the Mint repositories.)

Thanks for any and all suggestions,

Roy