Re: [Evolution] Mageia KDE and Evolution

On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 22:51 +0100, Roy Reese wrote:
Unfortnately I suspect that the basic uninstall of Evolution leaves
some files here and there. For example, any data I have moved from my
netbook magically appear after reinstall.

How to remove all executables, libs, headers and config files etc. for
you distribution depends to the used package management, you should
learn how to use it.

Regarding to the files in /home, that for sure will not be touched by
the package management. You should remove oder better move (rename) the
Evolution related paths in /home.

You likely need to run

$ mv ~/.config/evolution/ ~/.config/evolution.bak

(OT: I wonder why there are tons of .goutputstream-?????? files in
~/.config/evolution/mail/ some of them at least have a content)

$ mv ~/.local/share/evolution/ ~/.local/share/evolution.bak

(OT: Even in ~/.local/share/evolution/ I've got a 0
byte .goutputstream-?????? file)

$ mv ~/.gconf/apps/evolution/ ~/.gconf/apps/evolution.bak
$ mv ~/.cache/evolution/ ~/.cache/evolution.bak