Re: [Evolution] Best Distribution to self compile master?

On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 11:52 +0400, Emre Erenoglu wrote:
So do I understand right that you configure stuff with;
configure --prefix=$HOME/local  (for example), and then add built
library paths to LD_LIBRARY_PATH before launching evo?

I have a simple shell script that I immediately "source" when I open a
terminal window.  It just sets some environment variables for building
and running from my home directory.  Here's a simplified version:

   #!/bin/sh

   export PREFIX=$HOME/local
   export PATH=$PREFIX/bin:$PATH
   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib
   export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig
   export XDG_DATA_DIRS=$PREFIX/share/:/usr/local/share/:/usr/share/

I have scripts for the configure command too, just so I don't have to
keep typing the same options over and over.  But it's basically:

   ./autogen.sh --prefix=$PREFIX --enable-gtk-doc ...etc...

Also, how do you launch the "ESD D-Bus services" manually?

Open three separate terminals windows or tabs:

Terminal 1: $ ~/local/libexec/evolution-source-registry

Terminal 2: $ ~/local/libexec/evolution-addressbook-factory -r

Terminal 3: $ ~/local/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory -r

That allows me to monitor them for console warnings, and I also allow
core dumps (ulimit -c unlimited) in case one of them crashes.

I don't know how the other guys do it; those are just my own habits.
Been doing it that way for years.  It works for me.

Matthew Barnes