Re: [Evolution] Evolution EWS and Squid proxy

[cut]
nope, EWS stands for "Exchange Web Services", it's a protocol which
deprecates MAPI with its RPC (Remote Procedure Call) API, and uses only
HTTPS calls (Web calls, if you prefer). Those two things are completely
different, in many ways.

RPC-over-HTTP (aka Outlook Anywhere) allows tunneling RPC calls through
HTTP(s) layer.
The evolution-ews works pretty good with Exchange 2010 servers.
Hi Milan,
1) I know from my Exchange admins that we are connecting to Exchange
through EWS.

2) on my windows machine when I go to "Control Panel">Mail>"email
accounts">select "Exchange Server">Change>"More settings">select tab
"Connections">click button "Proxy settings...">in the field with proxy
address i see string 'rpc': "https://rpc.my.domain";.

Thus, as a result of 1+2 I assumed my setup is EWS through
RPC_over_HTTP, via proxy. Is that possible?

--
Patryk "LeadMan" Benderz
Linux Registered User #377521