[Evolution] Evolution EWS and Squid proxy

Hi all

Our company recently migrated some mailboxes to the Office365 cloud service. My Evolution used to work fine on the corporate network because our Exchange servers were local. Now that it is in the cloud, I have to use our Squid proxy service to reach outlook.office365.com.

This is not working for me though. As soon as I enter my proxy, it fails. I include both http and https proxy settings. When I choose http://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx/ and click on Fetch URL, it retrieves the OAB URL and changes everything to HTTPS. I can also see that it makes the connection through the proxy. But then when I hit Send/Receive it fails and the error is usually that it can't reach outlook.office365.com. I also don't see connections on proxy when that happens. Users on the network that use Windows pc's with Outlook + proxy and that are also in the cloud, have no problems with this service.

When I have a direct internet connection and I don't use the proxy settings, then it all works 100%.

My question is has anyone ever come across this before? Should Evolution EWS not work perfectly via HTTPS proxy? Is this an Evolution EWS problem or a Proxy setup issue?

I am running Evoltion 3.10.2-9.1 with Evolution-ews 3.10.2-10.1 on OpenSuSE 13.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Jasper

Disclaimer