Re: [Evolution] How to run evolution without gnome-session?

On Sat, 2014-02-15 at 15:23 +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
I have both gvfs and pulseaudio installed, but I don't think removing
them will change anything?

That are my preferences, I only mentioned them, to show that hard
dependencies sometimes are unneeded and it won't break software, if you
replace those dependencies by dummy packages. I e.g. use Thunar, for
Thunar gvfs is optional, but for other file browsers gvfs is a hard
dependency, but if you replace gvfs by a dummy package, those file
browsers will work as Thunar does without gvfs, just the gvfs
"features"/crap is missing.

IOW, if you should run into an insane dependency chain, needed
dependencies for Evolution might come with dependencies that are
irrelevant for Evolution, you don't need to compile all those needed
software without the additional dependencies, you simply could replace
the additional dependencies by dummy packages.

For me evo starts, but does not connect to internet at all, the link is
up and other applications works, e.g. iceweasel and apt??

How do you connect to the Internet?

[rocketmouse archlinux ~]$ cat /usr/local/sbin/alice
[snip]
modprobe -v pppoe ; ip link set enp3s0 up ; pon
[snip]

IOW here I need to do more than just to make sure that "ethO" (enp3s0)
is up. OTOH, when your web browser and package management are able to
connect to the Internet, something seems to be fishy on your machine.