Re: [Evolution] About performance

Thank you Matthew.

This aleviated a little bit the situation. But not much. I still see something wrong. I have to investigate where the problems come from...

One known issue, especially for heavy users, is that fragmentation can
build up in the mail summary database over time, which does negatively
impact performance.  If you notice your hard disk grinding a lot while
working in Evolution, this might be the issue.

It might help to garbage collect the database.  Evolution does not
currently do that itself.  Try shutting down Evolution and run this
little shell script:

http://mbarnes.fedorapeople.org/evolution-rebuild-summarydb

Eventually I'd like to tie this into the Expunge operation, which seems
like a natural place for it to get run periodically.  Haven't done it
yet because, you know, time, manpower, priorities, etc.

Matthew Barnes