Re: [Evolution] About performance

Am Freitag, den 17.05.2013, 09:29 +0100 schrieb Pete Biggs:

To be honest most of the grouching about the stability and speed of Evo
seems to be coming from Ubuntu users

Or people with *unbelievably* ancient versions.  Every time I see
someone complaining about 2.32 or even 2.28... my jaw drops.  I just
don't get it - why do that to yourself?

As others have said, these are the versions on current *supported*
distros.  Specifically RHEL 5 (and consequently CentOS 5, Scientific
Linux 5 etc.) is on Evolution version 2.12.3; RHEL 6 (and clones) is on
2.28.3.

The whole point of RHEL is stability, not cutting edge, consequently
they stick to versions of software that are consistent and they back
port bug fixes where appropriate.  To be honest I've never had any
complaints from my users about the instability or speed of Evolution on
CentOS 5 or 6 (but that may be more to do with my users!).

BTW, the use of 2.32.x versions is because that's the last version
before Gnome 3 came out - so those distros that don't like Gnome 3 (and
I've never understood why)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ galore users wouldn't like gnome3 ???
I do !
--
Thomas Prost <thomas prost prosts info>
ProstsInfo