Re: [Evolution] how to start over

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Matthew Barnes <mbarnes redhat com> wrote:

I don't know what you're basing your opinion on, but you're way off
base.  If you've been paying attention, you already know that we've
made great strides toward making Evolution's configuration far more
readable and easier to back up and copy than ever before.

I am still scarred by the XML stored in GConf keys for account configuration and my attempt to synchronize my VFolder configurations (config in GConf? config in files? do I need these sqlite files or not? why do my copied VFolders now claim to have 0 unread messages but when I open them there's thousands of unread messages?) across three Evolution installations.

That was 2007 and I haven't tried to do anything similar since.

Make a bad impression once and it sticks forever.