Re: [Evolution] how to start over

On Tue, 2013-05-07 at 09:35 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Mon, 2013-05-06 at 18:42 -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
I installed and started evolution
As others have said, you need to give us the Evolution version you are
using.
After messing up my first e-mail account,
I tried to fix it, but couldn't find any way to change it.
Edit -> Preferences allows you to modify and delete mail accounts in
virtually all versions of Evolution.  I'm confused as to why that's
difficult to find, it's not an obscure place, most Gnome applications
have some form of configuration settings item under Edit and there's an
item under Help -> Contents (F1) called "Account Management".

+1 +1 +1 +1

WHY THE CONSTANT SNEAKING AROUND UNDERNEATH THE APPLICATION??????  IF
YOU DO THAT AND THE APPLICATION BREAKS IT IS ****YOUR**** FAULT, AND
**NOT** THE FAULT OF THE APPLICATION.

To add, remove, change a mail account I have never in ten plus years
[when did Evolution first come out?] had to do ANYTHING but configure it
IN EVOLUTION USING ACCOUNTS SETUP!

I tried to start over with rm -r ~/.evolution ,
but that did not work either.
Playing with an application's private storage is never a good idea

+1  And it is pointless when the application provides working tools to
do it.

 (for any application) unless you really, really know what you are doing.

And then you'll probably know better than to try.

At best it's going to leave the application in an unstable state,

Yes, and then the user can blame the application for being unstable and
their complaint will be logged in the cloud as a blemish on the innocent
application in perpetuity.  People will be repeating the unjustified
complaint on Slashdot for decades.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383