Re: [Evolution] how to start over

On Mon, 2013-05-06 at 18:42 -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
I installed and started evolution.

As others have said, you need to give us the Evolution version you are
using.

After messing up my first e-mail account,
I tried to fix it, but couldn't find any way to change it.

Edit -> Preferences allows you to modify and delete mail accounts in
virtually all versions of Evolution.  I'm confused as to why that's
difficult to find, it's not an obscure place, most Gnome applications
have some form of configuration settings item under Edit and there's an
item under Help -> Contents (F1) called "Account Management".

I tried to start over with rm -r ~/.evolution ,
but that did not work either.

Playing with an application's private storage is never a good idea (for
any application) unless you really, really know what you are doing. At
best it's going to leave the application in an unstable state, and it
will almost certainly make things much more confusing later on.

I'm trying to connect to a cableone.net account.

Did you follow the instructions at:

  http://support.cableone.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/1055

(I'm not a cableone.net customer, I found that with about 10 seconds of
Googling.  It's a gmail based account, so it's not exactly a bizarre
setup.)

P.