Re: [Evolution] how to start over

On Tue, 2013-05-07 at 10:02 -0600, Zan Lynx wrote:

Evolution is more like a Windows program than Unix software. I have to
wonder what the authors were thinking.

Why Evolution and other programs like it have to be sneaking around
and making their configuration unreadable and uneditable, I don't
understand.

I don't know what you're basing your opinion on, but you're way off
base.  If you've been paying attention, you already know that we've
made great strides toward making Evolution's configuration far more
readable and easier to back up and copy than ever before.

See for example the opening section of
https://live.gnome.org/Evolution/ESourceMigrationGuide

Matthew Barnes

(hoping to douse the troll before the flames get out of hand)