Re: [Evolution] IMAP mail location pointing to the evolution folder

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 5:24 AM, Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
Nice.  Can you post version numbers, just for future reference [and
archiving]?

Ok, here's what I just did:

Fedora Core 16
sendmail 8.14
dovecot 2.0.21
Evolution 3.2.3

1. Copied all files under ~/.local/share/evolution/local to another directory (~/.maildir)
2. Modify dovecot configuration to point to ~/.maildir
3. Modify sendmail to use dovecot's lmtp
4. Rename in Evolution the subfolders to its correct name (i.e. remove those ..) and move them to its correct parent directory.

and that's it.

The filters turns out to be global so I don't need to re-create them but they don't seems to auto-run unlike my previous setting.

Also, I find that the response of Evolution is a bit slower.