Re: [Evolution] IMAP mail location pointing to the evolution folder

On Sun, 2013-08-04 at 09:45 +0100, refdoc gmx net wrote:
I am no expert on either or anything , but I would be worried that
concurrent file access and the indexing could cause grief if they
share the same directo

(Do try to not top-post on the list please)

It's not just concurrent access. If that were the only problem you could
avoid it by shutting down Evo before touching anything, but as Pete says
in a separate reply Evo has all kinds of internal databases with status
flags etc. which will almost certainly become unsynchronized if you
touch the message store. In many cases that doesn't matter (i.e. Evo can
recover) but it's a potential source of heartache that is best avoided.

poc