Re: [Evolution] Evo vanishes when switching workspaces

________________________________

From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Sent: Saturday, 22 September 2012, 14:27
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Evo vanishes when switching workspaces

On Fri, 2012-09-21 at 18:51 +0100, Dianne Reuby wrote:
On Fri, 2012-09-21 at 10:53 -0300, Lailah wrote:
El dom, 16-09-2012 a las 14:12 +0100, Dianne Reuby escribió:
For two days I've found that if I try to switch back to Evo by clicking
the icon in launcher or using ctrl + alt + arrow, the global menu
changes to the Evo menu items, but the close/minimise buttons are
missing. I can create a new email, but if I want to see the main Evo
window I have to exit and restart. It doesn't switch to the Evo
workspace - the global menu appears on the workspace I'm using,
replacing whatever menu was there (eg my browser).
Did you solve this?
Not completely - it seems to come and go, although I have now noticed it
occasionally on other programs. I think this is probably one of the many
Ubuntu glitches, rather than a problem with Evo.

If you just run "evolution" in gnome-terminal and then let that terminal
sit there until evolution disappears you might get a hint.  My money is
on "Segmentation Fault".

Hi :)
The infamous "Seg fault" largely evaporated with the next release of Ubuntu and is now (mostly!) far, far
back.  I've not seen it since Ubuntu 10.10 (Oct 2010) came out afaik/remember.

Running from a command-line in a "terminal console" is an excellent plan but if you close the console then
the app running from that console will also shut-down.  It's best to keep the console open as it doesn't use
much resources and tries to hide behind the apps window/console anyway.

Remember if you want to paste onto a command-line or copy from one then you kinda have to use the mouse's
right-clicks.  Keyboard paste doesn't work but mouse-paste is always nice.

Regards from
Tom :)