Re: [Evolution] Plugins with Python? [Was: Avoiding automatic marking as read]

On Thu, 2012-05-31 at 09:01 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
I notice my machine contains the package evolution-python-plugins that
contains a single file
"/usr/lib64/evolution/3.2/modules/libevolution-module-plugin-python.so".
But the interwebz search engines can't find a stitch of documentation
about this module.

Anyone have a URL or know what this library does?

It doesn't do a damn thing and really should just be removed at this
point along with its Mono counterpart.

It basically just gives access to the EPlugin framework through Python,
but not to Evolution APIs in general.  Problem is the EPlugin framework
is gradually being dismantled in favor of a simpler and more flexible
extension framework which does not expose itself in the Edit->Plugins
switchboard.

I'm not opposed to language bindings per se, but it needs to be done
through GObject-Introspection and not hand-written bindings.  We simply
don't have the manpower to maintain it.

Matthew Barnes