[Evolution] Avoiding automatic marking as read

Sorry for the obscure subject line but I couldn't think of a better one.

I've just installed Evo 3.4.1 on Fedora 17 and seem to be having a
Senior Moment. There used to be a setting to adjust the time after which
Evo would automatically mark an opened message as read, but I can't seem
to find it now.

If this has been eliminated I'll be seriously upset. My mode of working
is to leave messages flagged as new until I've dealt with them, then
mark them as read manually. The aforementioned setting used to
accommodate that, but now diligent searching in the Preferences pane has
failed to turn it up.

What's going on?

poc