Re: [Evolution] Avoiding automatic marking as read

On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 23:05 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 22:13 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 21:28 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
OK, thanks. Is there some rationale for removing this from the UI?

Purging the more esoteric and seldom used options to try and get the
window size under control.  There's more to be done but it's a start.

Perhaps a comment along the lines of "For other options use 'gsettings'
from the Shell" would at least give a hint.

        Hi,
I never understood the need to remove those options, I also noticed
multiple users asking for them, especially because those all are common
options, which each sane mail client should have accessible in UI, not
through "registry" (would you imagine any commercial application asking
users to open "registry" to tweak such fundamental settings?).

That said, I do not agree with "space saving", the cost of it is too
high, too hard configurability, which is the thing I used to like on
Gnome (the current trend makes configurability harder and harder,
sadly).

Just my opinion on the subject.
        Bye,
        Milan