Re: [Evolution] Avoiding automatic marking as read

On Thu, 2012-05-31 at 09:41 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
I never understood the need to remove those options, I also noticed
multiple users asking for them, especially because those all are common
options, which each sane mail client should have accessible in UI, not
through "registry" (would you imagine any commercial application asking
users to open "registry" to tweak such fundamental settings?).

If we had usability testing we would have numbers how many users really
change these settings. Unfortunately we don't have so you could be wrong
or right, and the same for people disagreeing with your view.
(Now does that fall under the "bikeshed" category yet? :P )

That said, I do not agree with "space saving", the cost of it is too
high, too hard configurability, which is the thing I used to like on
Gnome (the current trend makes configurability harder and harder,
sadly).

If anybody comes up with a better UI in the preferences that makes more
sense I don't see a reason why not to put these options back.
It's just hard to come up with good names for the tabs sometimes and to
find useful categorizations which options to put into which tab.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper