Re: [Evolution] Evo and command line mode

On Wed, 2012-05-30 at 13:11 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
El dÃa Wednesday, May 30, 2012 a las 10:17:54AM +0100, Pete Biggs escribiÃ:

Yes, of course I do - you never said though that Exchange was involved,
if you did I wouldn't have suggested using the mail command.  You asked
for a command line mode to send emails,

I've asked for a command line mode of Evo(!) to send mail using the
infrastructure and config of Evo, but not for a general command line
mode/tool to send mail;

Is it worth to file this as a feature request for Evo?

I think so.  I wonder if it is possible to utilize Evolution to send an
e-mail via D-Bus?  I know other information can be managed via the bus.

But I only see org.evolution.Calendar? , org.evolution.AddressBook? ,
org.gnome.EvolutionAlarmNotify, and org.gnome.Evolution [which is
generic application control].  Nothing that seems to pertain to mail.
Bummer.  If mail was exposed that would be a simple means for all manner
of tools.

I gave you a suggestion.
Thanks for them and the new ones in any case.

Well, mailto: links work.

awilliam workstation:~> evolution \
   "mailto:awilliam whitemice org?subject=dude you are so awesome"

I doubt you can do attachments.