Re: [Evolution] Evo and command line mode

El día Tuesday, May 29, 2012 a las 03:20:43PM +0100, Pete Biggs escribió:

$ evo -t recipient zone foo -a file-to-attach -m "short msg for boy"

That's a pitty and a missing feature, I think.

Why not just use the "mail" command?  e.g.

  $ echo "short msg for boy" | mail -a file-to-attach recipient zone foo

I realise it may require setting up sendmail (or equivalent) on your
local machine, but that's not a tremendously difficult thing.

I do run sendmail on all my FreeBSD laptops, even on my netbook where I
am typing this lines now, and not only sendmail, but SASL and SSL to my
SMTP provider; no problem with this; but in my business world I have to
use a MS Exchange server without SMTP and POP, only OWA, and for this I
have to use either OutLook or Evo (free of this restriction I never
would use Evo, but 'mutt' as MUA);

sometimes I need send out mail in my office in some kind of batch mode,
to organize projects or whatever, and it would be very usefull to be
able to queue-in such messages from the cmd line (or even from shell
scripts) just into the normal Evo infrastructure, i.e. that they go
their way upstream as sent from Evo itself;

do you understand now what I am asking for?

thanks

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz