Re: [Evolution] Evo 3.2.2 sees itself as offline

On Tue, 2012-05-15 at 15:01 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
I followed instructions from [1] and setup my evolution to talk to
Yahoo! with IMAP (not IMAP+) in 3.5.1 and it works. I also instruct
the sending part to require authentication and filled there the same
user ymail com user name. With that evolution works for me. Of course,
I've pretty empty Inbox on the Yahoo! server currently, which may or may
not do the difference.

[1]
http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&y=PROD_MAIL_MOBILE&id=SLN3361&impressions=true

I will have a look at the link. So it has to be possible to connect to
Yahoo after all (At least with your Evolution version). I will let you
know whether I had any success.

And I've just set up a connection to my Yahoo! account - and it's even
more flaky than my Gmail one - a variety of error messages such as
"Error while Pinging IMAP server imap.mail.yahoo.com - Server
unexpectedly disconnected. Connection reset by peer"

This on 3.0.2 using IMAP.  I've just switched it to IMAP+ and I'll see
if it makes any difference.

I suspect this is caused by the fact that Yahoo and Google are
collections of servers, so successive name lookups from Evo can resolve
to different IP addresses in a round-robin fashion.

Or maybe that's too simple.

poc