Re: [Evolution] Evo 3.2.2 sees itself as offline

... don't see evolutuion's default settings here, but possible errors to
be made seemed to me:

[] In ALLen Ordnern nach neuen E-Mails sehen
[X] In ABOnnierten Ordnern nach neuen E-Mails sehen
[X] Nur ABOnnierte Ordner anzeigen

Da mag auch noch die ein oder andere alte Ãbersetzung bei mir (2.32)
eine Rolle spielen ?!!

Am Samstag, den 12.05.2012, 06:15 +0200 schrieb Pascal Bernhard: 
Am Freitag, den 11.05.2012, 16:17 +0200 schrieb Milan Crha:
On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 14:55 +0200, Pascal Bernhard wrote:
OK, I'll look into the NM settings then. Still I do not understand, why
Evo works with some mail accounts but not with others. It seems to me
that it has a problem with certain mail servers.

yes, it seems like it's having a problem with certain server, with
certain message in certain folder. I'm pretty sure this is not caused by
network manager (based on the information in this thread), because with
it it's all-or-nothing, either all accounts will be able to connect to
remote machines or none of them.

By now, Evolution appears to work reasonably well with the
Gmail-account. I'm not sure what causes this, as I changed the settings
to how they had been originally, as no modification seemed to have any
effect. Well, as long as it works that's fine with me.

That's leaves the issues with the Yahoo-account, which gives the me
aforementioned error warnings. Changing from IMAP to IMAP+ did not solve
the problems, they persist. Now I can actually see all the folders on
Yahoo IMAP-server and Evolution starts the downloading the messages
contained in the folders. But subfolders do not show up and their
messages are also absent from the respective parent folders.

I realized that not all mails are downloaded. The newest ones date back
to December 2011 or January 2012, but that differs from folder to
folder. The message lists do not stop at a specific date. The I quickly
a warning about updating the folder, see error examples below.

On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 02:38 +0200, Pascal Bernhard wrote:
In English it should be something like:

"Error when retrieving new message for offline-mode"

"Message body in response to FETCH could not be found"

The above is "for offline-mode", which just means that it failed to
download message from the server, because the FETCH response from the
server had missing message body (it means the evolution could talk to
the server and was already connected to it).

Beforehand I got different warnings that retrieving wasn't possible at
all, as Evolution was in offline mode.

Maybe the error wording was confusing in a way that it might rather mean
that the connection to the server failed, thus the account will work
only in "offline mode" - but only that particular account. I'm guessing
here, having exact message may help to clarify.

The error messages not exactly the same every time they 'pop up'.

Here are two recent examples and it appears to me that the underlying
issue is the same, as Evolution is not able to connect to Yahoo's mail
server in a totally satisfactory way:

      Fehler beim AusfÃhren eines Vorgangs.
      ##Error when executing tast

      Verbindung mit gescheitert:Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler
      ##Connection with failed: Input-/Output error


      Fehler bei ÂOrdner ÂSecunergy wird aufgefrischtÂ.
      ##Error when updating folder ÂSecunergyÂ

      Verbindung mit gescheitert:Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler
      ##Connection with failed: Input-/Output error


      Fehler bei ÂOrdner ÂSecunergy wird gespeichertÂ.
      ##Error when saving folder ÂSecunergyÂ

I now deactivated the option in account settings to "Automatically
sync remote messages with local ones", that didn't have any effect.

You identified this option correctly, as being related to the "for
offline" error message, the only thing is that any change in mail
account requires restart of evolution.

Error with Welcome-response: Waiting time for connection has expired

I suppose it's because evolution got disconnected unexpectedly. With
Google server you can try to use instead of in
addresses for Receiving and Sending parts (or vice versa). If it'll not
help, then I would try to switch from server type IMAP to IMAP+ (or vice
versa), as it also sometimes helps. Note both these changes also require
restart of evolution.

Unfortunately I'm also having problems with shutting down Evolution, but
I'll put in another thread so the issues will not be confused.

Thanks for your help Milan

evolution-list mailing list
evolution-list gnome org
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]