Re: [Evolution] An interesting problem

I did end up using one of the file sharing services so the file was
transferred successfully although sitting here I can't determine why
sending it to a file sharing service, and having it downloaded on the
other end would result in any less electrons being abused than sending
it as an attachment.

When you send email it doesn't go direct from your machine to the
recipients, nor does it usually go directly from yours to a single
intermediate machine.  Instead it is passed from machine to machine in
order to reach its destination (have a look at the received headers on
an email to see the number of hops). Factor into this virus scanning,
spam scanning and so on and it quickly becomes apparent that big
messages use up significant resources on many machines.

I know people will say "in this day and age" etc. etc. but as a mail
admin on machines with limited resources, big messages are a PAIN.

P.