Re: [Evolution] Really super terribly awful slow performance "Generating message list"

On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 14:07 -0600, Zan Lynx wrote:
On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 19:11 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 14:00 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Quoting Zan Lynx <zlynx acm org>:

No, I don't see it either.  I only see the "Generating message list" if
I do a search in a large folder or on the whole account.  Are you
restricting the list of messages displayed in anyway?  i.e. is there a
search active or have you got the "Show:" dropdown set to anything other
than "All Messages"?  What about View -> Show deleted messages, is that
ticked?

Yes, I use both search/virtual folders and usually have the dropdown set
to Unread.

Try setting it to "All messages" and see if it improves.  It may not be
what you ultimately want, but at least it will narrow down where the
problem is being introduced so that if necessary the developers can
address the issue.

P.