Re: [Evolution] Really super terribly awful slow performance "Generating message list"

On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 14:00 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Quoting Zan Lynx <zlynx acm org>:

First things first....

So, am I doing something wrong, or have the Evolution developers
forgotten the basics of O(n) data structure analysis

Really?  There is no need to be rude, accuse people of incompetence,
or generally behave in a belligerant manner.

+1

When I double click on a message in a folder that is not using the
Preview pane, it generates a message list.

I do not see this behavior.  Not that Evolution 3.0.3 is devoid of
performance issues;  3.0 has been a bit rocky, but is getting cleaned
up a bit with every point release.

No, I don't see it either.  I only see the "Generating message list" if
I do a search in a large folder or on the whole account.  Are you
restricting the list of messages displayed in anyway?  i.e. is there a
search active or have you got the "Show:" dropdown set to anything other
than "All Messages"?  What about View -> Show deleted messages, is that
ticked?

P.