Re: [Evolution] how to delete individual email from trash

On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 18:12 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

I wanna delete a individual email from my trash, But evolution doesn't
permit me,

You can't - the IMAP operation (which is the model that Evo uses) is
"purge folder of deleted mails" - there is no operation that purges
single messages.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4315 provides such a method, actually.
Although Evolution doesn't use it and I can't think of a sane way to
expose it in the UI.

The rest of your response is spot-on. The virtual 'Trash' folder is just
a confusing misrepresentation of what's actually happening, and leads to
this kind of confusion on the part of users.

--
dwmw2