Re: [Evolution] Eudora 7 Outbox mail migration to Evolution

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 09:14 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
So the Date: header in the message that the OP included is actually
something added by Evo?

        Hi,
I guess so.

I can understand why (in that RFC2822 mandates
a date header), but why the inconsistency between what is shown in the
list view and what is shown in message view?

I think because the summary information (CamelMessageInfo) was created
from the unchanged message, which didn't have that Date header, and
because the summary record is not updated on "implicit" message change
by evo. (I obviously do not recall where/when exactly is the Date header
added.)

Also, rather than the current date being added, wouldn't it be more
sensible to add an "impossible" date (like the Epoch) so that it's
obvious that something is amiss?

I do not know. I only recalled seeing something close enough to this
issue, that I believe is the same thing.
        Bye,
        Milan