Re: [Evolution] Search folders and new messages

On Fri, 2011-07-22 at 13:57 +0200, Fred J wrote:
On Fri, 2011-07-22 at 10:26 +0200, Fred J wrote:
        > I'm using Ubuntu and thought I'd give Evo a try, after all the
        bad
        > press it seems to get.

        Bad press?  In what way?

Well, Thunderbird is, overwhelmingly, more favoured.  In fact, Ubuntu
will soon be dropping Evo for TB.

AFAIK it supports both, as do most of the major distros. Is there some
change of policy?

[...]

Out of interest, why would most of the people in this list not use
Ubuntu?

Pete didn't say that most people on the list don't use Ubuntu. He
reported his impression that most of us who answer questions don't use
it. I don't know what the balance of list members is between the various
distros. I guess we could hold a survey, but these things are
self-selecting and unreliable.

Personally, I use Fedora because I get the latest and greatest of
everything. Ubuntu tends to be more conservative, which is fine. Depends
on what you want. Let's not turn this into a discussion on the merits of
of the various distros. Someone the other day said he used FreeBSD,
which isn't even Linux. There are even a few Windows users around.

poc