Re: [Evolution] Been around the block again...

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 14:00 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 18:48 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
As far as lacking in functionality goes, I really enjoyed how granular
Claws-Mails' msg filter settings were. Also from CM the ability to pre
and post process messages is a thing of beauty. From TB, and I know
this has been mentioned many times hear but...the separation of the
SMTP settings in the accounts is a really strong feature. I realize
one can create an SMTP account but it's much "cleaner" to have a SMTP
section in the config for just that. I notice that allot because I,
like many, use a different MTA almost per network - some allow relay
but most don't anymore. So having a little section just for that is
really nice.
Isn't that why you have authenticated SMTP?  So you don't have to keep
changing SMTP servers - you just have one that allows relaying if you
are authenticated properly.

That doesn't, and can't, actually work.  At least not in a world where
DKIM & SPF are popular; your messages will [hopefully] be flagged as
SPAM by the receiver [because they don't originate from a server
authorized to send messages for that domain].

OK. Have one for each mail domain you use (which is actually what I do).

Isn't it also the case then that if you keep switching SMTP servers to
one that is local to your net (like the OP is doing), you will fall foul
of the mail domain / server mismatch?

P.