Re: [Evolution] Been around the block again...

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 18:48 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
As far as lacking in functionality goes, I really enjoyed how granular
Claws-Mails' msg filter settings were. Also from CM the ability to pre
and post process messages is a thing of beauty. From TB, and I know
this has been mentioned many times hear but...the separation of the
SMTP settings in the accounts is a really strong feature. I realize
one can create an SMTP account but it's much "cleaner" to have a SMTP
section in the config for just that. I notice that allot because I,
like many, use a different MTA almost per network - some allow relay
but most don't anymore. So having a little section just for that is
really nice.
Isn't that why you have authenticated SMTP?  So you don't have to keep
changing SMTP servers - you just have one that allows relaying if you
are authenticated properly.

That doesn't, and can't, actually work.  At least not in a world where
DKIM & SPF are popular; your messages will [hopefully] be flagged as
SPAM by the receiver [because they don't originate from a server
authorized to send messages for that domain].