Re: [Evolution] A set of software instead of only one software (more KISS)

There's no reason why some other
program can't interact with the backend in order to present that data
-
that is after all what the Gnome calendar does to be able to display
Evolution appointments.  I don't know if there is any other interface
for contacts.

Have a look at the following set of standalone programs that use the
evolution data server:

http://www.pimlico-project.org/

Sadly, the calendar is basically abandonware (and it's the one I wanted
to succeed the most).