Re: [Evolution] HTTP 409 when modifying CardDAV Contact with Zimbra (was: Re: Help Debugging CardDAV Issue)

On Sat, 2010-09-25 at 12:54 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 22:01 -0400, Rich Renomeron wrote:
On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 21:46 -0400, Rich RZimbra was responding to the
update with a HTTP 409 (Conflict) error.
[snip]
Interesting.  It is probably unrelated but I recently hit a spate of 409
error problems with calendars between Zimbra and Kontact.  There was
something unusual about an appointment added from a meeting invitation.
After accepting that invitation, all subsequent calendar edits on that
calendar generated a 409 error until I deleted that appointment.

The developer replied with this: "I traced this to the contact having a
very long UID that was broken across multiple lines."

I don't see anything like that in my logs.  I assume that the invite in
question was not created by Kontact, but from somewhere else.

Could it be a single Contact which either Evolution or Zimbra does not
like - malformed, corrupt, missing? Sorry I can't be more help - John

I was wondering if that might be an issue, so I started with a fresh
address book, with a single contact.  And got the same error.  Nothing
in the logs looked particularly enlightening, which is a bummer.

Rich