Re: [Evolution] A set of software instead of only one software (more KISS)

I have a question about Evoluion:
Why make a saftware and not a set of separate software?

Exemple:
- Evolution Calendar.
- Evolution Contact.
- Evolution Mail.
- Evolution Task. (Merge with GTG)
- Evolution Note. (Merge with GNote)

That's what Evolution was a while ago (in the 1.x days) - but it was
found to be more efficient, and the components interacted more
effectively, when they were merged into one executable.

I think is a problem if I'm forced to configure my mail account and
charge Mail, task, notes and calendar if I just want to see the phone
number of a old friend in Contact list. (And it's more KISS)

AFAIR it was anything but simple when it was separate components.

If you want to start Evo to look at your contacts then do

   evolution --component=contacts

that will start Evo in the contact component and won't look for new mail
until you switch to the mail component.  If it's something you do
regularly, then make it a menu item.

Also you have to remember that the Evolution you "see" is just a GUI
front end to a backend data store.  There's no reason why some other
program can't interact with the backend in order to present that data -
that is after all what the Gnome calendar does to be able to display
Evolution appointments.  I don't know if there is any other interface
for contacts.

P.