[Evolution] A set of software instead of only one software (more KISS)

Hello everybody. _o/

I have a question about Evoluion:
Why make a saftware and not a set of separate software?

Exemple:
- Evolution Calendar.
- Evolution Contact.
- Evolution Mail.
- Evolution Task. (Merge with GTG)
- Evolution Note. (Merge with GNote)

I think is a problem if I'm forced to configure my mail account and
charge Mail, task, notes and calendar if I just want to see the phone
number of a old friend in Contact list. (And it's more KISS)

What do you think about this? Is it not better with a set of separate
software instead of only one software fo all?