Re: [Evolution] A set of software instead of only one software (more KISS)
- From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org>
- To: evolution-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] A set of software instead of only one software (more KISS)
- Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:12:50 -0400
On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 19:20 +0200, Gendre Sebastien wrote:
Hello everybody. _o/
I have a question about Evoluion:
Why make a saftware and not a set of separate software?
- Evolution Calendar.
- Evolution Contact.
- Evolution Mail.
- Evolution Task. (Merge with GTG)
- Evolution Note. (Merge with GNote)
Ugh, GNote. Use Tomboy. I believe there is already some integration
between Evolution and Tomboy.
I think is a problem if I'm forced to configure my mail account and
charge Mail, task, notes and calendar if I just want to see the phone
number of a old friend in Contact list. (And it's more KISS)
What do you think about this? Is it not better with a set of separate
software instead of only one software fo all?
It is separated into components. And the data management happens in
backend 'factory' processes.
] [Thread Prev