[Evolution] close after reply

I am brand new using Linux. I used to do a lot in DEC VMS but that has
been quite a while back. I think I will be able to catch on fairly quick
as it looks similar.

I have a pretty dumb question but I have not been able to figure it out
myself yet.

Is there a parameter or setting I can change so that when I reply (or
forward) to an email, the original message will also close out when I
hit send?

I open a few messages at the same time and once I respond I would much
rather the message I was replying to would close automatically so I
would not have to figure out which ones I still need to answer.

For those of you that worked on the ole VAX's, do you miss it? I think
that was the best operating system written, (excluding Linux of course).
I think DEC was doomed when they made the mistake of "partnering" with
Microsoft. They didn't last very long after that.

Looking for a long enjoyable Linux experience with the help of all of
you that take the time to help others....