Re: [Evolution] Cannot view email text if the email contains an attachment. IMAP Evolution.

Hi,

Looks like a bug in gtkhtml, but try one more: is it in any way
dependent on the attachment itself, e.g. image, binary, word-processing
document etc.? What about HTML messages with no attachment?

Does not seem to be attachment type related. Tested jpg, pdf, odt, tar
attachments with same results. Plain HTML messages work OK.
Jpg logo embedded in signature seems to remove the body text even from
the source (Ctrl-U) although the logo itself can be viewed as an attachment.

I was experiencing a similar problem with one or several emails while
using Ubuntu 10.04 and Evolution 2.28.3 (I am not convinced about the
last 3, but I don't think there is a newer version available). I could
not see at least one email sent using Thunderbird 3.0.5. Whenever I
tried to see it the contents was blank. This was happening on an
Exchange account using the Exchange connector. If I used the web
interface or other program not to be named here, the body of the email
was displayed.

I upgraded my Ubuntu to 10.10 (beta) and now I can see that email
without any problems. The version of evolution I use now it 2.30.3.

I wonder whether the problem was caused by the fact that the content
type is "Content-Type: multipart/alternative;". If you file a bug and
you think it may help, I can provide the email because it does not
contain anything sensitive.

Best,

Constantin