Re: [Evolution] Cannot view email text if the email contains an attachment. IMAP Evolution.

On Sep 10, 2010, at 6:44 AM, Nix Vitae wrote:

> > attachments with same results. Plain HTML messages work OK.
> > Jpg logo embedded in signature seems to remove the body text even from
> > the source (Ctrl-U) although the logo itself can be viewed as an
> > attachment.
>
> So I guess the last question would be, what happens if you turn off the
> HTML signature?

Don't see how that applies as I'm still talking about received email. In other words still the same problem viewing email but slightly different behavior.

I meant if you receive a message with no HTML sig but with an attachment. Never mind, it was just for completeness.

1. Any email with attached file will not show body text, however the text is there if I ctrl-U. 2. if a logo img is embedded in a signature (received email) the body text is stripped or at least not shown even when ctrl-U.

Will mail evolution-list with link if & when I submit a bug rept, and/or I find a solution.

OK. If you've updated your system and the problem persists then it does look like a bug, I'm guessing in gtkhtml. However it might be worth reporting to the Ubuntu bug system first. They can pass it upstream if it's not a platform-specific problem.

poc