Re: [Evolution] Newby question: How to attach my vCard to messages?

Am Donnerstag, den 09.09.2010, 13:21 +0200 schrieb W. Martin Borgert:
Hi,

I just had to switch from Thunderbird to Evolution.
Now I wonder, where to find the check box
"Attach my vCard to messages"?
(Or however this works in Evolution.)

Many thanks in advance!

(For those who do not know this feature: It means,
that my vCard is attached to every message I send.)

With 2.28.4, I found two ways.

a) Go to preferences->editor preferences->signatures and define
   a new signature, containing the vcard. The vcard is then inserted
   into the new message as text, when you choose this signature as
   the default one.
b) Go to your addressbook, save your contact information as vcard to
   a file location. Then when creating a new message drag the vcard
   into the new message, which is not as convenient as just clicking
   a check box. I just tried to use the template feature, i.e. created
   a new message, attached the vcard to it and saved it as template
   using Ctrl-Shift-t. Unfortunately, when creating a new message,
   the attachment would not be there. Maybe, it's good enough to
   just put the vcard as text into the message.

--
thomas