Re: [Evolution] Evolution and Gmail

On Sat, 2010-10-30 at 08:31 -0500, Christian wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Gmail with Evolution through IMAP. The problem is that there's
no way to set Evolution to use the Gmail trash folder for deleted
e-mail.

I'm not a great user of gmail - I have an account though - and my
impression was that there was no Trash folder - when you delete a mail
in Gmail it disappears.  I certainly can't see a Trash folder.  I seem
to remember there was a big song and dance when Gmail was created that
you had so much space that you need never delete a message again - just
mark it that you don't want it to be seen - 'delete' always meant that
you never wanted to see the message again.

 I'm able to set Drafts and Sent, but not Trash. Right now I have
to move mails manually when I want to delete to the Gmail trash folder.

The same paradigm is used through out Evo - when a message is deleted it
is marked as deleted, you then have to expunge a message to get rid of
it.  That is the defined way that IMAP works.  As far as I can see IMAP
to Gmail works consistently - a message is marked as deleted, then
disappears the same as if I delete a message within Gmail.

How does deletion work for you when using Gmail through the web
interface?

P.