Re: [Evolution] Evolution and Gmail

On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 10:47 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Sat, 2010-10-30 at 08:31 -0500, Christian wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Gmail with Evolution through IMAP. The problem is that
there's
no way to set Evolution to use the Gmail trash folder for deleted
e-mail.

I'm not a great user of gmail - I have an account though - and my
impression was that there was no Trash folder - when you delete a mail
in Gmail it disappears.  I certainly can't see a Trash folder.  I seem
to remember there was a big song and dance when Gmail was created that
you had so much space that you need never delete a message again -
just
mark it that you don't want it to be seen - 'delete' always meant that
you never wanted to see the message again.

Gmail doesn't of course have folders, it has labels, which are not the
same thing. And one of them is Trash (just look a little closer
Pete :-). Nonetheless Gmail presents its labels to IMAP clients as if
they were folders so AFAIK the point is more or less moot.

See http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78755 and
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78892

poc