Re: [Evolution] Message Filter vs. Search Folders - Open Discussion

On 11/4/10 8:50 AM, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:
Meaning the time taken to run the search selection criterion on the
contents of the mailbox. This should be similar to the time taken to run
a filter, unless the implementations are completely different.
Must be different. I do see the new mail in my Inbox almost instantly but the time it takes to move them(filter them) into the respected folders is significant when compared to the time
taken to perform the search function.
Maybe it's the move that's taking the time rather than the filter match. Recall that moving in IMAP is "copy and delete". Depending on the server load and its IMAP implementation (flat mbox files like UW, maildirs like Dovecot, database like Gmail, file-per-message like Cyrus) this could be slow.

poc