Re: [Evolution] Message Filter vs. Search Folders - Open Discussion

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 21:16 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 10:52 -0400, Reid Thompson wrote:
I tend to store no mail on hosted accounts and use fetchmail +
procmail to download and delete from server hosts.

Each to his own. I store almost no mail locally, that way I can get to
it from wherever I am (from my phone, from a friend's house, from a
public terminal while traveling, from both office and home.) Keeping
your mail in your computer is so 20th Century :-)

(I already know the counterarguments, I'm just making the point that
people use mail in different ways).

poc

Or you could also take the geek's way out of keeping your mail on your
IMAP server but also having a full local copy using (for example)
offlineimap =).