Re: [Evolution] Message size threshold for download?

On Sun, 2010-03-21 at 10:46 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Sat, 2010-03-20 at 23:43 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
2) Despite the above, there have been calls for Evo to allow "composer
hooks", so an Emacs fan for example can use Emacs and a Vi fan can use
Vi. There's been some movement on this but I couldn't say if it's likely
to be available soon. Presumably one could specify OOo Writer in such a
future version, and suffer the consequences.

We have had an "external editor" plugin for some time now, though it
only works for plain text messages and needs some usability love.  Visit
Edit -> Plugins -> External Editor -> Configuration.  You can tell it to
automatically launch a text editor every time you compose a message, or
you can launch it manually from the File menu of the Compose Message
window.

When you close your preferred editor, the Compose Message window is
populated with the message content from the editor.

Good to know, but it's definitely not present in my copy of Evo. I'm
using the standard Fedora 12 install, currently
evolution-2.28.3-1.fc12.x86_64. Perhaps this is an optional extra
(though I don't see it on the standard repos), or the Fedora packagers
need to be told about it.

poc