Re: [Evolution] Need help with exchange

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 08:48 -0500, Marko KaligariÄ wrote:
I have some problems with Evolution while connecting/using exchange
The problems are related to the speed of retrieving emails(sometimes,
to retrieve just few emails from the server, it takes something like
30
min)and the ''Junk'' mail filter does not work properly(When you mark
an email as ''Junk'', evolution moves it to the appropriate folder.But
when you try to find/locate it evolution doesn't find it anywhere or
if
it find the email there is no way to open it).

I would not use local filtering on an Exchange account, Junk or
otherwise.  That would slow things down.

So, questions are following:

1)Is there any way to speed-up the connection with the exchange
server(something more similar to a real-time connection)?

Is the exchange server on the LAN or WAN?

2)Is there any difference if I use a linux server in state of the
Windows one?

There is no Linux Exchange server.

3)Which should be the best configuration to fix the problem with the
junk mail filter or to configure evolution to work faster?

Log into your exchange account via browser/owa.  Set up your filters
there.  It will store them on the server.  Turn off local filtering.

--
Art Alexion
Resources for Human Development, Inc.          215-951-0300 x3075