Re: [Evolution] Need help with exchange

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 14:48 +0100, Marko KaligariÄ wrote:
I have some problems with Evolution while connecting/using exchange
The problems are related to the speed of retrieving emails(sometimes,
to retrieve just few emails from the server, it takes something like 30
min)and the ''Junk'' mail filter does not work properly(When you mark
an email as ''Junk'', evolution moves it to the appropriate folder.But
when you try to find/locate it evolution doesn't find it anywhere or if
it find the email there is no way to open it).

For what it's worth-- from my G-mail account IMAP help page:
I don't know what differences exist in exchange servers.

Sending:

Do NOT save sent messages on the server. If your client is sending mail
through Gmail's SMTP server, your sent messages will be automatically
copied to the [Gmail]/Sent Mail folder.
DO save draft messages on the server. If you want your drafts in your
mail client to sync correctly with Gmail's web interface, set your
client to save drafts to the [Gmail]/Drafts folder.

Deleting:

Do NOT save deleted messages on the server. Messages that are deleted
from an IMAP folder (except for those in [Gmail]/Spam or [Gmail]/Trash)
only have that label removed and still exist in All Mail. Hence, your
client doesn't need to store an extra copy of a deleted message.
Do NOT save deleted messages to your [Gmail]/Trash folder because this
will delete a message in all folders.
Do NOT save deleted messages to your [Gmail]/All Mail folder as some
clients will try to empty this folder and ultimately fail. This can lead
to delayed mail access or excessive battery consumption on a mobile
device.

Junk mail and spam:

Do NOT enable your client's junk mail filters. Gmail's spam filters also
work in your IMAP client, and we recommend turning off any additional
anti-spam or junk mail filters within your client. Your client's filter
will attempt to download and classify all of your existing messages,
which may slow down your client until the process is complete.

updated 12/18/2009

So, questions are following:

1)Is there any way to speed-up the connection with the exchange
server(something more similar to a real-time connection)?

2)Is there any difference if I use a linux server in state of the
Windows one?

3)Which should be the best configuration to fix the problem with the
junk mail filter or to configure evolution to work faster?

Tips and advices are welcome,

Thanks in advance