Re: [Evolution] HTML Attachments

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 08:34 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
I [sadly] very frequently get HTML-only e-mail.  In evolution these are
shown as "attachment.dat" attachments of type "HTML Document".  Only
they do not display in the message view window, only as "unknown
attachment".  They have an option to "Open with Firefox".  But when I do
that FF opens the document thinking it is a "video/mpeg Object".

Is there a setting that is wrong, or one I can change, to have the
attachments displayed.

Check your "Plain Text Mode" setting under Mail Preferences -> HTML
Messages and make sure it's set to "Show HTML if present" (at least for
the purpose of diagnosing this problem).

As I vaguely recall there was some policy debate about how these options
should handle HTML parts that led to us adding a "Show suppressed HTML
parts as attachments" check box in 2.29.  What you're encountering may
be one of the bugs that led to that debate.

Perhaps also give 2.29 a try, if you can.

Matthew Barnes