Re: [Evolution] Trying to create Evolution-Exchange Account...

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 13:27 -0400, Art Alexion wrote:
On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 11:13 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
I tried DavMail last fall for about 30m and couldn't get it working
right so I gave up--too quickly I admit.  Maybe I'll give it another
go.

The trick is the url for your mailbox, calendar, etc.

I know this isn't a DavMail mailing list but there seem to be people
using Evo with DavMail here.

So, I manage to configure Evo to use DavMail for LDAP (for the
addressbook) and CalDAV (for calendaring) and it actually seems to
work...!!

I do have a few questions/issues though that maybe someone can help me
with.

First, my Exchange server has IMAP support enabled.  Does anyone know
what the advantage (if any) is to using the DavMail IMAP interface vs.
the native Exchange server IMAP interface?

Same question about SMTP; is it better to go through the DavMail SMTP
port, or connect directly to the Exchange server SMTP port (ours is
open)?

Second, when I set up a meeting I'm listed in the Attendee list as a
required participant (of course).  But when I go to Free/Busy, my
calendar information is not present.  This is true even if I switch to
my corporate account in the drop-box at the top.  Only if I open the
Attendees list and choose myself from the DavMail LDAP and add myself
that way do I see my own free/busy status.  Is there some way to set the
default account for creating meetings?